Tuesday, July 10, 2007

If I should Speak
As Salaamu Alaikum! I just finished reading "If I Should Speak" written by Umm Zakiyah.....Masha'Allah this was a really good book! If you like fiction you will love this book. I mean it actually made me cry. It is so moving, this sister is a excellent writer and the characters in the book are so realistic. You have either been one of the characters or know someone like one of the characters. So if your looking for a good read, I would pick this one up!!

5 comments:

Hijabi Apprentice said...

Asalaamu Alaikum wa rahamtullahi wa Barakatuhu,

You know, I have heard tons of great reviews about this book. It's hard for me to get into fiction now but I may check it out.

ma'a salaamah,

ha

Naturally Muslimah said...

Walaikum Salaam wa Rahamatulah wa Barakatuhu!

Girl I tell you I was crying so hard at the end that I had to stop reading the book because I could not see the pages!!!

Hijabi Apprentice said...

LOL! I'm supoosed to be the cry baby in our friendship!

Naturally Muslimah said...

That was until I read this book!! LMHO!

Sketched Soul said...

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Jazak'Allah for letting us know. I used to read a lot of fiction, but gave that up to spend what ever reading time I have on Islamic literature. But insha'Allah, if I get sometime.. I'd like to check out this book. I'll let you know how it goes.. if I get that far.

Otherwise.. I hope all is well at your end :)

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana