Thursday, August 28, 2008

Graditude





I have been in Georgia now, since April 2007. Masha'Allah it has been and long rough road for my children and I. I mean in a 9 month period we lived in hotels, with 3 Muslim families and 1 Kufaar family (5 percenters the worst) . People were mean too us, took advantage of us. When I tell my husband some of the things that happened it breaks his heart Masha'Allah. But I was thinking about the situation today. I actually think about it almost everyday. But today, I was really kinda happy that we had those experiences. You know what I mean? Allah forbid that we ever go back to the state of homelessness again. But I also pray that I never forget the lessons that were learned. In that time period, I learned so much about the Mercy of my Rabb! Althought I didn't have a place of my own, we never slept on the streets, shelter or in our van! We always ate. I got a chance to look at this religion in ways that I never did before. I feel like now I have such a better understanding of iman, and wanting for my fellow muslim what I want for myself. Believe me being put in that situation, really lets you see the worst in your fellow Muslim. Allahu Must'an.



I have really seen the mercy of ALLAH in my life. Since the birth of my daughter 4 years ago I have wanted to be a stay at home mother, she has sickle cell anemia and I have always hated leaving her with people. But Alhamdulillah, Allah has blessed my children and I will a wonder brother to be my husband and my children's wali (that's what they call him) and this man is a wonderful provider, he's a patient, kind generous brother, Masaha'Allah. We now have a home and I was able to leave my part time job and stay home with the younger two of my children Masah'Allah. I am homeschooling my daughter now, my baby boy is potty trained. Alhamdulillah. Insha'Allah we will be blessed to see another Ramadan. Life, Masha'Allah is good. Alhamdulillah. I am soo grateful to Allah for the test I have been tested with and the lessons I have learned. I pray that I never forget and insha'Allah I will be able to help someone else in a simular situation.



As Ramadan quickly approaches I am grateful to Allah for the good and the bad, for having a wonderful new husband Masah'Allah and great children. I am praying that I come out of Ramadan a better student of Islam, better wife and mother. I pray that Allah forgives our sins and accepts our fast. I pray that we do more good deeds and practice this religion the way that Allah has intended and His Messenger (sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam) showed us how without following our own desires and using our own intellect. Ameen

1 comment:

gingermuffin said...

Ameen to your du'as, sister.