Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Eid Mubarak....I think??

Assalamu Alaikum,

I feel like it has been forever since I last posted. Insha'Allah you all had a blessed Eid. But ok, I have got to get some thing off my chest, so this post is for venting!!!!! Ok, I belong to a very small muslim community her in the pacific northwest and I just moved here in March. I moved here from Michigan where I was involved in a larger more active muslim community. But Alhamdulilah we are really trying to get things together, I think. Well I decided that we should have a Eid party for SISTERS ONLY!! And since there may be all of 5 sisters that actually go to the Masjid I attend I thought we should include all the sisters in the neighboring communities....and not only should there be a party, there should be a potluck and not only a potluck vendors and not only vendors and international fashion show!!! (oh and by the way the vendors were not my idea, just the potluck and fashion show) So I made 150 very simple flyers and put my cell phone number on them and passed them out at the Eid prayer!

So at the begining of the idea there was one other sister that seemed excited too and she did help us get a place to have this event. Now, the week of the event, we seem to have to many chiefs and not enough indians! Why do sisters do that? I mean if you didn't have any say in the begining why do you want to send long emails with bullet points to the sisters adding your two cents as if you have been working right along the side of us all along!! And on top of everything else sisters are trying to make this a fundriaiser for what ever cause is important to them at the masjid, some want donation for the masjid, some want donation for the sisters committee and some the sunday school. This is not suppose to be a fundraiser! I just wanted to have some halal fun, eat some good food, and see some beautiful clothes and celebrate! But it doesn't seem so fun anymore:-( and on top of all this DRAMA, my one and only friend here is not going to be in attendance to help me deal with this,(hijabi!!!!! I'm going to get you!!! :-) so I am really stressed out and I really hope this proves to be a fun event for the sisters in the community. I really hope my true intentions are seen and this is not a lot of unnessecary arguing or fitnah amongst us. That is not why I wanted to have this event. I just want all the sisters to come together for the sake Allah and have a really good time. Make dua'aa for us please!!

Allah please help me pratice patience with my dear sisters! Ameen.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eid Mubarak!

Of course it's frustrating. I advise that you make it clear who is running things, because otherwise, the event will be a mess. Another thing.

It doesn't matter who knows you did all the effort. What matters that Allah knows :)

(totally easier said than done!)

But always remember, if Allah wants people to know the good you did, they will :)inshAllah

So have some halal fun and shame on you hijabi!

Naturally Muslimah said...

Thank you Organic!

You are right. I just really want the sisters to have a good time.

Oh and again "shame on you hijabi" LMHO!!!

Naturally!

Sketched Soul said...

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sister,

Oh.. masha'Allah, this sounds like so much fun! I wish I was there to help :)

Sorry to hear the planning part is becoming a little frustrating, but just look at it this way, the harder it is.. the greater the reward, insha'Allah.

I am very well acquainted with what it is like to plan events and see them fall to pieces before they even happen. Try not to let what others say and do stress you, work on what YOU planned, pray 2 rakaats before the event, keep your intentions clean and leave the rest for Allah to take care of.

I pray you have a wonderful time, insha'Allah.

Ma'salaama
Farhana

Naturally Muslimah said...

Walaikum Salam Farhana,

I wish you were here to help too! Plus you are so creative I am sure you have a ton of wonderful ideas!!!

Thanks for the advice about the two rakats, I will make sure I do that!!!

Naturally

mommamu said...

I agree with the other sisters. As long as your intentions are pure things will work out the way Allah intended. Also, I have found it beneficial to write Bismillah across all correspondence with people I am not particularly fond of. It starts things out on the right now and reminds me to keep it halal-instead of letting my other-less islamic-side out! :)

Hijabi Apprentice said...

Hey!!!! It was out of my control! Shame on you for posting when you know I am off line!

I called Naturally everyday several times a day to check in with he, so there :P.

Naturally Muslimah said...

Walaikum Salam Orange Juice,

I am so happy that you enjoy my blog. your words are so kind, I don't know to say. Thank you, Jazak Allah Khair,

Naturally