Tuesday, June 12, 2007

OK DON'T LAUGH AT ME...........

But I just learned how to make Thikr on my hand on Saturday. I am so excited!! LMHO!! I never could figure out what every one was doing with there finger and I didn't want to seem stupid so I wouldn't ask. If you could have seen the way I made thikr with my hands, using both hands no doubt, I looked like a first grader learning math!! LMHO! But now I know and I feel cool. I when my oldest son came home I couldn't wait to show him what I learned. I was like look was your auntie talk me today!! Alhamdulilah, I am learning so much in my new city. I am grateful to be here.

3 comments:

[a} said...

Salaam! Here from Hijabi Apprentice's..

lol...that's so cute!!

Have you ever come across those weird clicking metallic gadgets some people use for zikr? Basically they have this little button that you press every time you say Subhanallah, or whatever, and the number of times you say it shows up mechanically in the middle of the little box.

It's a clever way of keeping track, I suppose, but the clickety-clack noise gets sssoo annoying!!

When I first saw someone using this, I thought it was a cooking timer or something.

Naturally Muslimah said...

Salams HA!

No I have never seen those things! But do you mean the things the bouncer at the club use to count how many people are coming in the door?

Naturally

Safa said...

Yes, I would expect that's what it is....LOL....ingenious!